Fiat USA is pulling out the stops this year at the LA Auto Show with the unveiling of three new models - the Fiat 500E, the Fiat 500L and the much anticipated Fiat 500c Abarth Cabrio.
Here's a quick look at them. Don't worry, I'll have all the details as we go through the day, so keep checking back!
The 2014 Fiat 500L: Larger than Life
- Compared to the Fiat 500, the Fiat 500L is 26 inches longer and has 6 inches more height and width. The results: 42 percent more interior space and an EPA Large Car size interior with best-in-class headroom and front legroom.
- Segment-exclusive glass A- to D-pillars that provide nearly 360 degree panoramic views.
- New “small-wide” chassis architecture provides world-class torsional stiffness, driving dynamics and crashworthiness.
- Segment-leading interior quietness, thanks to structural rigidity and a specially designed quietness package for the North American market.
- Touring-tuned suspension delivers traditional Fiat fun-to-drive factor along with comfort.
- The 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine features: Best-in-class standard horsepower (160 hp), best-in-class torque (184 lb.-ft.) and the highest standard output per liter (117 hp/liter)
- Peak boost pressure of 21 psi at 4,000 rpm.
- Segment-exclusive six-speed dual dry clutch transmission (DDCT), or six-speed manual transmission.
- Cutting edge handsfree communication, entertainment and navigation with available 5 or 6.5 inch touchscreen display.
- Fiat 500L Trekking offers rugged capability with enhanced 4x2 traction system.
- Tested over 7.5 million miles and built in one of Europe's most modern car factories.
Fiat 500e: Italian Style for the Electric Car Crowd
- More than 80 miles of estimated range, with city driving range typically greater than 100 miles.
- An estimated 116 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city and 100 MPGe highway battery-only electric power and zero emissions from a single charge.
- 111 horsepower (83 kW) /147 lb.-ft. (200 N•m) torque electric-drive motor.
- Less than 4 hour charge time with Level 2 (240 volt) on-board charging module (OBCM)
- 24 kWh hour liquid-cooled/heated 97 cell lithium-ion battery pack.
- Power inverter module (PIM) for DC-to-AC and DC-to-DC.
- Unique “creep” feature mirrors conventional powertrains.
- Redesigned 10% stiffer body structure
- Staggered wheel widths for added stability and nimbler handling: front 15x5.5 /rear 15x6.5.
Fiat 500c Abarth Cabrio
Fiat 500c Abarth: It's Finally Here!
- The four-passenger Fiat 500c Abarth cabrio has the most interior space, rear-seat legroom and shoulder room among key competitors.
- Fiat 500c Abarth’s power-operated cloth top retracts up to the rear spoiler during speeds up to a best-in-class 60 mph (a midway point can be chosen by pressing the button anytime in between). Press the roof button again, and the roof will neatly fold all the way open and tuck neatly behind the rear head restraints (up to 50 mph).
- Fiat 500c Abarth's roof design adds structural strength and 70 percent less header shake than key competitors.
The unveil is happening today at 3:35 p.m. EST. Make sure you come back to Fiat500USA.com to watch the unveil live!
Source: Chrysler Media