The Fiat 500X Urbana Edition is a special option package Fiat will introduce for the late 2017 model year.* The Fiat 500X Urbana Edition is based on the Trekking model and features unique Miron black (Metallic Iron) exterior and interior trim along with copper accents giving the Urbana a tough, urban look.
Tim Kuniskis, Head of Fiat Brand North America is quoted in the Urbana Edition's press release saying,
"The Fiat 500X combines iconic Italian style with functionality, performance and all-wheel-drive confidence, the new Fiat 500X Urbana Edition takes our top-selling Trekking trim, best known for its rugged exterior and interior appearance, and adds unique content with black and copper accents to create a fresh new personality option for our customers.”
On the outside, the 500X Urbana sports Miron black-paint on its:
- Mirror caps
- Door handles
- Tail-lamp surrounds
- Liftgate bezel
- Fascia trims
- Front emblem 'whiskers'
The 500X's signature spear-shaped sill mouldings are also in Miron black and have copper-accented 500X logo. The Urbana's 18-inch wheels are painted in Matte black and Miron and are also accented with copper center caps. Black side roof rails and dark headlamp surrounds top off the exterior design.
Interior of the Urbana Edition should look similar to the European 500X with "S Package" trim
Inside, the 500X Urbana Edition gets special attention, too, with:
- Unique seats with black Castiglio chevron-patterned fabric and copper embroidered 500 logos
- Black textured instrument panel with a copper 500 logo
- Black-painted center console
- Miron-painted radio and vent bezels
The Fiat 500X Urbana Edition will available in four colors: Grigio Graphite (Graphite Gray), Blue Sky Metallic, Bianco Gelato (White Clear Coat) and Nero Cinema (Black Clear Coat).
The Fiat 500X Urbana Edition package costs $845 and can be added to both front-wheel and all-wheel drive Trekking models, with MSRPs with the package starting at $24,195 for front-drive cars and $26,095 for cars with all-wheel-drive.
Other options and packages available on the 500X Urbana Edition include:
- Advanced Safety Package ($1,295; featuring auto high-beam headlamps, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection systems, Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus, ParkSense Rear Park Assist and rain-sensitive windshield wipers).
- Popular Equipment Package ($995; includes Parkview rear backup camera and automatic temperature control air conditioning with dual-zone controls)
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof and Beats premium audio system ($995)
- Uconnect 6.5 with navigation ($875)
- Cold Weather Package ($450)
Look for the Fiat 500X Urbana Edition arriving at dealers later this fall.
Note: We originally reported the 500X Urbana Edition as new for the 2018 model year, however that was incorrect. The Urbana Edition will be introduced as a late 2017 and arrive at the end of the 2017 model year this fall. The 2018 500X models are expected to arrive in the beginning of the new year. We apologise for the confusion.
Source: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US