The 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth is now a full fledged Abarth model complete with a more powerful engine which has earned the car's its Abarth badging! The new Fiat 124 Spider Abarth now boasts 164 hp and offers unique Abarth tuning and Sport Mode selector. In fact, the new car has the same output of the 170 hp European Abarth 124, the difference is our figure is expressed in SAE numbers while European car uses the CV rating.***
The Fiat 124 Spider Abarth is essentially the European Abarth 124, complete with Abarth badging on its hood. The Elaborazione moniker has been retired. Probably the main difference between the European and North American car is the Racing Alcantara Kit (Alcantara dash trim and steering wheel) didn't make it over due to differences in US airbag specs.
This also means the US car will wear a Fiat badge on the steering wheel while a new US spec steering wheel complete with an Abarth logo goes through safety testing certification. This may take up to a year.**
The other difference is the European car gets an Abarth Record Monza, dual mode exhaust as standard equipment, while the US cars will get the Record Monza as an option.
The Fiat 124 Spider already delivers best-in-class horsepower and torque, but the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth bumps it even more. On top of that, the 124 Spider Abarth pricing starts at $28,159 which represents an outstanding value.
The 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth with a six-speed automatic transmission has a U.S. MSRP of $29,545.*
The 124 Spider Abarth will be available in five colors: Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic) and tri-coat Bianco Perla (crystal white pearl).
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth features:
- Turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine with 164 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque.***
- 6 speed manual or automatic transmission w/Paddle Shifters
- Torsen mechanical limited slip differential
- Front and rear Bilstein sport suspension
- Front strut tower bar
- Sport Mode selector
- 17” Aluminum Sport wheel painted Gunmetal
- 17” 3 Season Bridgestone Potenza RE 050
- Sport front and rear fascia with air conveyers
- Quad tipped exhaust with chrome accent
- Gunmetal A pillar header and roll bar finish
- Black side sills
- Available hand-painted hood stripe and trunk anti-glare paint
- Sport Cluster
- Sport Steering Wheel
- Performance heated leatherette microfiber seats
- Red accent stitching throughout
- Leatherette wrapped passenger lower instrument panel
- Leatherette wrapped cluster brow
- Dark matte instrument panel accents
- Aluminum accent sport pedals
- Fiat Connect 7.0 touchscreen radio display with multimedia control knob
- Passive Keyless Enter’n Go
- ParkView back-up camera with grid lines
Fiat 124 Spider models will be available in studios early this summer!
*plus $995 destination.
**5/18/2016 updated story to make it clearer the Elaborazione is out and the new car is called the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth.
***update 6/15: horsepower figure revised to 164. Read "The Real Power Difference Between the Abarth and Standard Spiders"