Blue&Me is the fully integrated in-vehicle infotainment system that is standard on all Fiat 500 models sold in the US and used worldwide on many other Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It allows users to make hands-free telephone calls and control music and other functions using voice commands. It is a neat and convenient feature that adds to the enjoyment of owning a Fiat 500.
Some owners of 2015 Fiat 500 models may have experienced an anomaly where some functions don't operate as intended after the ignition key is cycled. If that is the case, there is a revised Technical Service Bulletin out (Fiat TSB 08-103-14 REV. A) that may help those who haven't brought their car to the dealer yet. It involves updating the Convergence Telematics Module (CTM). This TSB applies to cars listed below with CTM software id listed as G583. It will reflash the CTM to software id G755.
You may be able to check this yourself with the following procedure:
To verify the software version in the Convergence Telematics Module (CTM).*
- Press the Main/Phone button on the left side of the steering wheel.
- Scroll through the main menu using the left switch on the back of the steering wheel and select “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Options” and then “Image ID”.
- On the cluster under application id, if “G583” displayed you probably need the CTM updated and should contact your dealer.
- If it is different, this TSB doesn't apply.
- If it is "G755" this update was already done.
Fiat TSB 08-103-14 REV. A*
Revised December 10, 2014,
Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) Software Enhancements
This bulletin involves updating the Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) software.
2015 (FF) Fiat 500
This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after June 16, 2014 (MDH 0616XX)on or before October 22, 2014 (MDH 1022XX) with CTM software id listed as “G583”
You may notice the Blue and Me steering wheel controls and USB functionality may not operate properly after the ignition is cycled.
*This is provided for informational purposes only. You should always contact your dealer for up to date information and to answer any questions. The dealer will be able to tell you if this TSB is applicable to your car.