Abarth is unveiling the new Abarth 695 Maserati Edition at the thirtieth anniversary of the Mille Miglia road rally, May 16 -20. If this car sounds familiar, it is because originally this new tribute model was to make its public debut at the 82nd Geneva Motor Show, March 8 - 18, but it was pulled at the last moment, without comment.
The new Abarth 695 Maserati Edition pays homage to its sister company Maserati, and has been thoroughly massaged in keeping with Maserati's high performance and luxury car standards.
The car starts as a Fiat Abarth 500C cabrio and gets the full 'Tributo' performance treatment. Mechanical upgrades include; uprated engine tuning to 180 horsepower, brakes with larger, 305 mm drilled front discs clamped by 4 piston Brembo calipers, Koni dampers, and exclusive 17x7 "Neptune" wheels. An electrically-operated manual Abarth Competizione gearbox with steering wheel control and Abarth "Record Monza" variable back-pressure "dual mode" exhaust complete with hexagonal exhaust tips round out the performance package.
Besides outstanding performance, a car labeled "Maserati Edition" must also promise exclusive luxury and details. This new Abarth doesn't disappoint and captures the elegance of Maserati with distinctive exterior and interior trim.
The exterior features the unique Maserati paint color Pontevecchio Bordeaux complemented by a grey cloth top, Xenon headlights and special "Maserati Edition" badging.
Inside, the collaboration of Maserati and Abarth is in full effect. The seats are upholstered in supple sand beige Poltrona Frau ® leather with "695" embossed into the headrests and the rear side panels and door panel inserts are treated to a stylish flocking effect. Trim includes a matte finished carbon fiber dashboard, black leather steering wheel, aluminium pedals and sill plates, and a carbon fiber kick plate with customised "Abarth 695 Maserati Edition " graphics.
The Abarth 695 Maserati Edition is an exclusive vehicle with only 499 being produced. It and the other limited edition 500 Abarths can be viewed on the new Abarth website called abarthspecialties.com, that debuted during the Geneva Motor Show in March. The new site covers all special edition Fiat 500 Abarth models from the "Opening Edition" in 2008 to the current models and beyond.
Abarth 695 Tributo MASERATI Technical specifications
1.4 16v Turbo MTA 180 HP Engine
• 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cm3.
• Power: 180 HP (132 kW) at 5500 rpm.
• Maximum torque 184 lbs-ft (250 Nm) in sport mode at 3000 rpm.
• Supercharged with Garrett 1446 turbo
• 5 gears, C510 gearbox family with gear paddles on steering wheel
• Abarth Koni front shock absorbers with FSD valve
• Abarth Koni rear shock absorbers with FSD valve
• Lowered ride.
• Electric power steering with “sport mode”
• Floating, perforated and self-ventilating front brakes ø 305 mm × 28
• Perforated rear brakes ø 264 mm × 22 mm
• TTC - Torque Transfer Control
• 7×17" alloy rim Tyres: 205/40 R17"
• Euro 5 EEC-F5 standard
Emissions of CO2 • 151 g/km
• Urban consumption (l/100 km): 8.4
• Combined consumption (l/100 km): 6.5
• Extra-urban consumption (l/100 km): 5.4
• Max speed >225 km/h.
• Acceleration 0–100 km/h: <7 secs.
This article is an updated repost of the story I did on the 695 Abarth Tributo Maserati back in February.