FIAT 500, FIAT 500L, Fiat 500X AND FIAT 500 ABARTH SPECS
* 2022-20 Fiat 500 EV Electric Full Specifications * 2022-19 Fiat 500X Full Specifications * 2019 Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth Full Specifications * 2018 Fiat 500 and 500C Abarth Full Specifications * 2017 Fiat 500 and 500C Abarth Full Specifications * 2017 Fiat 500 and 500C Full Specifications * 2017 Fiat 124 Spider and Abarth Full Specifications * 2016 Fiat 500X Full Specifications * 2016 Fiat 500X Full Features and Options * 2016 Fiat 500 Abarth and Cabrio Specifications * 2016 Fiat 500, 500 Turbo and 500c Specifications * 2015 Fiat 500, 500 Turbo and 500c Specifications * 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth Specifications * 2015 Fiat 500L Specs * 2014 Fiat 500, 500 Turbo and 500c Specifications * 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth and 500 Abarth Cabrio Specs * 2014 Fiat 500L Specs * 2013 Fiat 500, 500 Turbo and 500c Specifications * 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Specs * 2013 Fiat 500e Specs * 2013 Fiat 500 Accessory Catalog * 2012 Fiat 500 Brochure * 2012 Fiat 500 Complete Specs * 2012 Fiat 500 Quick Specs * 2012 Fiat 500 Accessory Catalog * 2012 Fiat 500 Features * 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Specs * 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Features
Search This Site
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Alfa Romeo Zagato TZ3 Stradale
The famed Italian coach builder Zagato has created a new Alfa Romeo in the continuing celebration of Alfa Romeo's 100th anniversary. Last year, Zagato unveiled the TZ3 Corsa, a one off track car. Now with the new TZ3 Stradale, Zagato creates a street car that captures the the excitement of the Corsa, but in a street legal package.
The gorgeous TZ3 Stradale not only has the looks to kill, it has the brutal horsepower to get the job done.
In keeping with the news of the subsequent merger of Fiat and Chrysler synergies, the TZ3 Stradale uses the chassis and engine of the Dodge Viper ACR.
There will be nine Alfa Romeo Zagato TZ3 Stradales produced. Three are already spoken for, the rest going to some extremely lucky individuals!
Alfa Romeo is coming back to the US next year. I have the feeling that 2012 will be an exciting year for car enthusiasts in this country!
Below is the Zagato press release on the Alfa Romeo Zagato TZ3 Stradale:
Zagato TZ3 Stradale
The "TZ3 program" managed by Zagato to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Alfa Romeo (1910-2010) ends with the delivery of the TZ3 Stradale.
The initiative started in 2009 with the manufacturing of the "one off" TZ3 Corsa which won the Villa D'Este Design Concept Award in 2010 and followed with nine (9) TZ3 Stradale.
Two different approaches for the same tribute.
The TZ3 Corsa is a track car. It is not a design exercise. It is a Neo-Classic car.
The TZ3 Stradale is a Design Exercise. It is not a race car. It is an Avant-garde car.
The TZ3 Corsa is a tribute to the Alfa Romeo and Zagato racing heritage. It is a one off.
The TZ3 Stradale is a tribute to the Alfa Romeo and Zagato street legal heritage. Just 9 examples in the world.
In total 10 collectible cars for the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo made by its most prolific contributor, both with race and road legal bodies.
The TZ3 Corsa celebrates men and machines of the Alfa Romeo Zagato racing heritage:
• Scuderia Ferrari (20s and 30s)
• Alfa Corse (40s and 50s)
• Autodelta (60s and 70s)
• Scuderia Zagato (80s and 90s)
The TZ3 Stradale celebrates the road legal heritage of Alfa Romeo Zagato coupés:
• RLSS, 1500, 1750, 2300 and 2900 Zagato (20s and 30s)
• 6C 2500 Panoramica, 1900 SSZ and the Giulietta SVZ (40s and 50s)
• SZ, 2600 SZ, Giulia TZ and Junior Z (60s and 70s)
• S.Z. and R.Z. (80s and 90s)
The TZ3 Corsa is based on a mono shell carbon fibre chassis, coupled with a tubular frame and a hand beaten lightweight aluminum body. It's equipped with a front-central V8 90° 4.2 liters engine and 6-speed sequential gearbox.
The TZ3 Stradale is based on the Viper ACR mechanical chassis with a carbon fiber body. "Bellezza necessaria" is the inspiration of this car which matches for the first time an USA power train and can represent the first American Alfa Romeo.
Following Zagato's gentlemen-driver heritage, TZ3 Corsa has been commissioned by the Alfa Romeo Zagato collector Martin Kapp. The first TZ3 Stradale has been delivered to the US Alfa Romeo and Zagato collector (and Saratoga Automobile Museum's board member) Eric King. The TZ3 Stradale n°2 and n°3 will be delivered in Japan and Europe.
Both TZ3 Corsa and TZ3 Stradale boast a typical Kamm-tail (K-tail) layout. This solution became famous in Italy with the "Coda Tronca" bodies which were tested by Zagato in the beginning of the 60s. They reached their apex on the Alfa Romeo TZ and TZ2.
Kamm Effect is part of the functional design approach that aims to the aerodynamic efficiency.
According to this, the CX can be lowered by keeping compact volumes at the same time. The reduction of the wind resistance is assured with the Kamm Tail design, without any need of a very stretched "drop" shape of the tail.
Press release: SZ DESIGN s.r.l