Fiat USA has released pricing on the new Fiat 124 Spider model range. With prices starting at $24,995*, the Fiat 124 Spider offers an outstanding value package. Fiat's all-new roadster is the lowest-priced turbocharged convertible in America.
- Fiat 124 Spider Classica $24,995*
- Fiat 124 Spider Lusso $27,495*
- Fiat 124 Spider Abarth $28,195*
Early reports in Europe indicate the more powerful Fiat offers stronger acceleration and flatter cornering than the Mazda MX5 Miata. There is also an enhanced Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) package that makes the Spider quieter and feel more refined.
Fuel economy figures have also been announced and the 124 Spider achieves an EPA fuel economy rating of 26 city / 35 highway for manual transmission and 25 city / 36 highway for automatic transmission.
Comparing the numbers to the Miata gives you an idea of the value the 124 Spider offers.
Fiat 124 Spider Offers Exceptional Value
Price comparison between the Fiat 124 Spider and the Mazda MX5 Miata. Destination charges added in:
Mazda MX5 Miata
- Sport: $25,735
- Grand Touring: $30,885
- Club: $29,420
Fiat 124 Spider
- Classica: $25,990
- Lusso: $28,490
- Abarth: $29,190
The more powerful and quieter Spider Classica is just $165 more than the MX5 Sport, while the Euro-elegant Lusso is a substantial $2,395 less than the Grand Touring. The Spider Abarth, which has 36 ft.lbs of torque more than the Miata, is actually $230 less.
Fiat 124 Spider ClassicaThe Fiat 124 Spider Classica starts at $24,995 with a manual transmission. Classica models with a six-speed automatic transmission are $26,345.
Fiat 124 Spider Classica standard equipment
- 1.4L MultiAir® Turbo Engine with Six-Speed Manual Transmission Delivers 160 HP and 184 LB-FT of Torque
- Electric Power Steering System, Independent Front and Rear Suspension, Electronic Locking Differential, Electronic Stability Control+ and Traction Control
- Four-Wheel Disc Antilock Brakes with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Engine Brake Assist
- Black Cloth Soft Top (Manual Operation)
- Halogen Daytime Running Lamps and LED Taillamps
- Power Exterior Mirrors with Body-Color Mirror Caps
- 16-Inch Painted Silver Aluminum Wheels and 195/50R16 Performance Tires
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Tire-Specific Display
- Dual Stainless Exhaust Tips
- FIAT® Radio 3.0 with AM/FM, Bluetooth® Connectivity, Six Speakers and Connections for a USB and MP3 Player
- Instrument Cluster with a Large Analog Tachometer, an Analog speedometer and a Driver Information Digital Display
- Keyless Go Start/Stop Push Button Ignition and Remote Keyless Entry
- Black Premium Cloth Seats and Soft Instrument Panel and Door Panel Inserts
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
The Classica is available in six colors: Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic), Grigio Moda (dark gray metallic) and Bronzo Magnetico (bronze metallic).
Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
The Lusso model with its luxurious appointments, leather interior will be priced at $27,495. Six-speed automatic transmission Lusso models are priced at $28,845.
Fiat 124 Spider Lusso model adds the following additional equipment.
- 17-Inch Premium Aluminum Wheels Painted Silver and 205/45R17 Performance Tires
- Fog Lamps, Automatic Headlamps and Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Dual Chrome Finish Exhaust Tips
- Keyless Enter 'n Go™
- Stainless Steel Sill Scuff Plates
- FIAT® Connect 7.0 with 7-Inch Full-Color Touchscreen Display, an AM/FM Radio, Six Speakers, an SD Card Reader and a Multimedia Control Knob
- Full-Color Personalized Driver Information Digital Cluster Display
- Automatic Temperature Control (Dual-Zone Available)
- Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats (Black or Tan)
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera+ (Rear View Mirror)
Lusso models are available in seven colors: Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic), Grigio Moda (dark gray metallic), Bronzo Magnetico (bronze metallic) and Bianca Perla (crystal white pearl tri-coat).
Fiat 124 Spider Prima Edizione
The first production run of 124 vehicles will be offered as an exclusive version called the Prima Edizione Lusso and is priced at $35,000.
This limited-edition 124 Spider will be individually numbered with a commemorative badge and available only with the exclusive Azzurro Italia (blue) exterior paint as shown at the Spider's debut at the LA Auto Show. This color will only be offered on Spider Prima Ediziones so once these 124 cars are gone it won't be available again.
Special-Edition 124 Spider Prima Edizione model includes:
- Limited-Edition Azzurro Italia paint
- Commemorative Prima Edizione badging
- Saddle leather interior
- Lusso luxury package
- Limited-edition 124 Spider swag, including wearables and poster
Owners who purchase a Prima Edizione will also receive limited-edition swag, including a matching blue leather bag, journal with pen, and a poster showcasing original design illustration with vehicle dimensions.
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Big news is what was once called the 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth is now a full fledged Abarth model complete with a more powerful engine that has earned its Abarth badging. Prices for the Fiat 124 Spider Abarth start at $28,195. 124 Spider Abarth models with a six-speed automatic transmission are priced at $29,545.
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth features:
- Turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine with 165 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque, available with manual transmission or automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- Bilstein Sport suspension
- Front Strut Tower Bar
- Torsen mechanical limited slip differential
- Sport Mode selector
- Sport-tuned, chrome quad-tip exhaust
- Available Brembo braking system and Recaro seats
- Unique front and rear fascia, 17-inch Gun Metal (metallic gray) aluminum wheels, Gun Metal exterior accents
- Available hand-painted hood stripe and trunk ant-glare paint
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth models are available in five colors: Bianco Gelato (white clear coat), Rosso Passione (red clear coat), Nero Cinema (jet black metallic), Grigio Argento (gray metallic) and tri-coat Bianco Perla (crystal white pearl).
Fiat 124 Spider models will be available in studios early this summer.
* plus $995 destination charge. Preliminary information and equipment subject to change.
Source:FCA US LLC